Yes, yes, I know what you’re thinking. You probably ate about 50 pounds worth of food this Thanksgiving weekend and I’m already drawing you in to eat more. But don’t fret, this is a guilt-free pizza, and when I say this, I mean it.
I’ve been making these pizzas quite frequently these days, and since I make these from scratch, I know what’s inside so I don’t have to worry about whatever nasty ingredients they use at your local Papa Johns or Dominos. Despite how intimidating this process may seem, it’s very simple and easy.
4 cups of flour (plus more for rolling out the dough)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 envelope of instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 cups of water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Combine your flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. While mixing, add in the water and the 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Wait until the dough becomes sticky, and then start kneading with your hands until it forms together into a solid ball.
- Keep kneading until there’s a firm texture, and add additional water or flour if you need to.
- Grease another large bowl with oil oil, add the dough inside, and cover it with a damp towel. Place the covered bowl in a warm area for about an hour.
- After an hour, the dough should have doubled in size. On a floured surface, place the dough and divide it into 2 equal pieces.
- Here, you want to roll out your dough to your desired size, and use your fingers to stretch it out.
Now, it’s up to you when it comes to the pizza toppings. The best part about this pizza is the fact that you can customize them however you’d like! If you’re making this with a friend or family member, assort the variety onto different plates! For my pizza, I was set on a Hawaiian theme (with some sriracha, of course). My friend opted for a classic pepperoni pizza (hers looks better, I know).
*Make sure to brush your crust with olive oil
- Set the oven to about 550 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the pizzas for about 10 minutes, or until they are golden and crispy. If they aren’t as crisp as you’d like, feel free to bake them for an extra few minutes. (in intervals, of course)
Aaand that’s it! Remember, the process is all about having fun. Grab a friend or family member and stuff your face with this delicious meal.